Sunday, January 1, 2017

What a difference a day makes.

Today is the day! I will be honest.. I am FREAKING out. Like actually though. This is terrifying. I am not scared though, funny how those things can be totally different. This month has been a total blur of busy work days, Christmas celebrations and fond farewells. Add in a little nervousness, denial and stressed overwelmingness and you about have it! Oh and yes a few tears.... ok lot's of tears, they just wouldn't stop. I hate goodbyes! I have finally (yes finally, seriously I couldn't have put it off any longer..) packed up all my bags, checked over my list a dozen times, panicked over a lost passport that I kid you not was not even a foot away from my face.. and got in my last minutes hugs and snuggles! I have rushed and planned and panicked and laughed. Through all of it  God is in control. I am reminded of how blessed I am to feel sad! I have so many loving people in my life, perfectly placed to remind me of God's love! You will never know how meaningful your kind words and loving prayers mean to me! I can only do this, knowing that I have a community of people that have my back!


I have been planning for months, trying my best to prepare myself. It wasn't all easy. Satan has a way of making you doubt, but through those moments I have learned what it means to fully rely on God. His plan is far greater than the ones I have etched into my lovely planner. I have no idea what my new daily routine will look like, but He does. He has already ordained the people I will meet and the things I will do. He knows the moments that will take my breath away. The moments that will bring me pure joy. He also knows the moments that my heart will shatter and will give me the strength, that only He can give, to carry on to the next day. He will pull my into His loving arms while I miss all of you back home. He will enable me to adapt to this incredible new lifestyle. Even when I start to question why I ever had the bright idea to not only say YES to God, but actually ask for it! What was I thinking!


I plan to journal out the moments of the coming months here in this blog. I promise you I will be honest, even when it hurts. Do my best to give you a glimpse into the life God is leading me in. Most of all, I pray that God uses this to reveal to you, the desires of your heart that gorify Him, and how to act on them!


I will cling to this verse as I journey out: Be jouful in hope, patient in afliction and faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

I will hold to the promise that God is with me always!

Love and Prayers

Erica Byleveld

No comments:

Post a Comment