Sunday, January 29, 2017

" My God Is So Big"

"My God is so big! So strong and so Mighty! There's nothing my God cannot do!"

This song, one of my favourite Sunday School songs, has been stuck in my head all week long! It is so fitting for this place! To say my week has been insane is an understatement! We have spent the month I have been here planning for our Phase 2 of New Dawn and the big inauguration day finally came this past Thursday! 

 

We got to get all dressed up for this special occasion!
I think we clean up pretty well!

Let me just stop and say how in the world has it already been a whole month since I first arrived here! That's crazy! We have been planning and prepping, pondering and praying for this new phase of our program for weeks, and it has been so fulfilling to finally see everything come together. There were renovations and cleaning, paper work and organizing, but with the help of wonderful coworkers, and God's provision, we made it! I have come to realize that God uses many of my gifts and talents to work here, and also ones I never thought I would need or be qualified for. On the missions field, we never fully know how qualified we are! Our God is so big, and His plans are so good!

Our new program will provide 24 hour residential care for minors that are struggling with alcohol and drug addictions, giving them a safe and caring environment, to grow in Christ's freedom!

They will have a place to lay their head and food to fill their bullies, thanks to the work God is doing in the lives of folks back home. Without your support this wouldn't be possible!

I took a moment to pray for each  future child (though I haven't met them yet, God knows exactly which child will be brought home here) and mentor as they begin this long journey, and am reminded of how glad I am to be here at the very beginning of this process. I get to see God at work right here in person, building relationships with these kids along the way!

I will do my best to update on the new program, as much as I can with pictures that give you a wonderful glimpse into our work here! We have teams starting to arrive and do work here, and this house always seems to be buzzing with excitement! 

 On a personal note, it's nice to finally feel settled in here.

One month here has flown by, and yet at the same time I feel as if I have been here for ever! I love this little country so very much! The people and the culture are always interesting and I have begun to develop  wonderful relationships with my co workers and friends!

I spend my weekends with some much needed relax and adventure time! Grace(my wonderful roommate, who let's be honest, is the first little sister I've ever had, is lucky to have me around (love you! ) and I spend our weekends with our friends and family (the Palacias/ Portillos') adventuring through this incredible place!

This past weekend we ventured to the top of our volcano! Yes I call it "my" volcano because hey why not! It was quite a hike but well worth the view! Again I am reminded of just how big our God is, and how incredible His creation is! I am surrounded by His beauty not only in His landscape, but His people!

We go discover wonderful different places to eat and spend time making memories and friendships that I truly believe will last a life time! These people (especially the family) have managed to make their home in my heart and continue to bring me so much joy!




Love these people just a little too much! We are a pretty good lookin group!

 (There are so many great foods here, especially Pupusas!! Oh. My. goodness. I LOVE them! Don't ask me how something so simple can be so incredibly delicious!)


 Guess who finally felt confident enough to try the local favourite, with the best lunch in town! ~ this girl! Grateful to God that I haven't been at all sick here!

I love it here. I love what God is doing here. I love the relationships being built. I just love it!

My God is so big ~ My God is so strong ~ My God is so Mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do!

Love and Prayers
Erica Byleveld

No comments:

Post a Comment